Just because you think you already have found the one, picked the most beautiful among the engagement rings Albany NY, and wed each other, it does not mean that you are guaranteed a happy marriage life all throughout the years. No happy married life is always made of daffodils and sunshine; all couples always have conflicts, and there is no shame in asking experts on how to make the marriage last despite the conflicts and the fights. After all, marriage and commitment are most about deciding to stay after the honeymoon phase expires.
Here, we share with you the best pieces of advice that would mostly help your marriage life thrive. Read on!
- Boundaries are beneficial – setting boundaries is a form of self-care. It is when you take care of yourself, spending time with family and friends, allocating time for personal goals, hobbies, and passions, and doing some things on your own. It is not just an important aspect of your personal growth but also sets a healthy boundary that benefits the relationship in the long run. Remember that you cannot pour from an empty cup, and being too dependent on your partner would wane away your sense of self, which can potentially harm your relationships in all kinds.
- Arguing is healthy when you do it fairly – arguing fairly requires both to be reflective and assessing unfair and biased judgments when angry, hurt, or mad. It is when you make arguments productive and constructive; explaining things and sharing sentiments and not pointing fingers. You can do this by avoiding, at all cost, being physically hurting, verbally abusive, and mentally manipulative.
- Ensure good quality of sex life – there should be an emphasis on the quality and not the quantity of sex and physical intimacy. Gone are the days when people think that the marriage would last if the couples copulate several times a month. The most important thing to consider here is how close you are as a couple both mentally and physically. If you are contented and happy doing cuddling, playing, flirting, supporting, exploring than having sex, then you do not need to worry. Physical intimacy is not only characterized by how many times you have sex in a week but b how both of you feel contented and happy with one another.
- Communicate about money – everyone has strong feelings about money. And sometimes what you don’t talk about with your partner will have you screaming inside. We advise that you talk about it a lot of times to remove the uncomfortable feeling associated with talking about finances. Identify who is the spender or the saver. How do both of you feel about expensive purchases, future planning, savings, vacations, and other things?
- Families – while having boundaries is beneficial and advised, you should limit the trash talk. There is nothing that separates the marriage from feeling that your spouse hates your family. Always remember that their family is your family, so hush and treat them as if they are your own.
No marriage is easy, so you need to prepare yourselves for this. However, it does not hurt to get some advice and find helpful tips before tying the knot.